Cranberry & Pecan Roasted Brussels Sprouts

I can't seem to get enough Brussels Sprouts.  Lately they've been making appearances as pizza toppings, shaved in salads, and of course as a delicious roasted side dish.  Good thing Costco sells huge 2 lb bags of fresh sprouts with my name on them.

Pass the sprouts please.


Now that Halloween is behind us and Miss R's birthday is over, the next big holiday up in the Great White North is Christmas.  And I may or may not be in the processes of putting up 4 of my 5 trees.  Probably more like 'am,'  I love this time of year.
So because I'm inspired by all things Christmas right now I decided to Christmasify my regular roasted Brussels recipe and add in some red cranberries and toasted pecans.  Green, red, and holiday ready.  Merry, merry!


Again I say.....Pass the sprouts please.


Cranberry & Pecan Roasted Brussels Sprouts


Ingredients:
1 lb Brussels sprouts, halved
3 Tbsp olive oil
1/4 cup dried cranberries
1/4 cup pecans, roughly chopped & toasted
salt & pepper

Method:
Preheat oven to 375F.
In medium bowl toss Brussels sprouts with olive oil to coat.  Transfer to foil lined baking sheet sprayed with non-stick spray, roast for 30-35 minutes, turning once.
Remove from oven and transfer to serving dish.  Add in cranberries, nuts, and season to taste with salt and pepper, toss.

Serves: 3-4

Comments

Popular Posts