Peanut Butter, Honey, & Banana-Oat Muffins

I'm convinced one of the best and simplest sandwiches out there is a peanut butter, honey & banana.  It takes me back to my childhood with each and every delicious mouthful.  Knowing full well my appreciation for that triple threat sandwich, you can imagine my excitement when when deciding to transform my favourite sandwich into a muffin.   Mmmmuffins.


As I've stated before we go through peanut butter in our house at a record pace.  As such, I recently decided to shelve the Kraft variety, and opt instead for 100% natural peanut butter.  No salt, no sugar, just peanuts.  The kids have transitioned beautifully, as have I.  The one person in the house not entirely sold, my hubby, but that's okay 3 out of 4 is still a mark of success.  Today this lucky natural peanut butter gets transformed into a wonderful muffin, and my husband was none the wiser.



Peanut Butter, Honey, & Banana-Oat Muffins


Ingredients:
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup quick oats
1/3 cup sugar
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
2 large ripe bananas, mashed
3/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1/3 cup natural peanut butter
1/3 cup honey
1/4 cup oil
1 egg
1/2 tsp vanilla


Method:
Preheat oven to 350F.  
In large sized bowl, combine bananas, milk, peanut butter, honey, oil, egg, and vanilla, whisk till smooth.
In separate bowl whisk together flours, oats, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.  Add wet ingredients and mix until just moistened.
Lightly grease muffin tins and fill 3/4 full with batter.  Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until toothpick inserted comes  out clean

Yields: 16-18 muffins


Adapted from my banana-oat mini muffins

Comments

Popular Posts