Cookbook Review: CopyKat.com Dining Out At Home Cookbook 2


Have you ever visited a restaurant and no sooner did you finish your meal, you automatically wonder when you can have it again?  It can't be just me right?  More often than not, I come home and immediately put pen to paper and food to pan in an attempt to revisit my fabulous dining experience.  Sometimes with great success others with not-so-much....

So when I was approached to review a cookbook that does just that, I was more than excited to see what it had to offer.  In CopyKat.com: Dining Out at Home Cookbook 2 by Stephanie Manley, she shares recipes from some of America's most popular restaurants so that you can enjoy the same meals but in the comfort of your own kitchen.  The only downside is you are now also stuck with the dishes....(but it's a small price to pay)
Packed with recipes for all your favourite entrees, appetizers, soups, salads and desserts, you have over 200 recipes to choose from that will no doubt impress all of your dinner guests.  Recipes for PF Chang's Lettuce Wraps, The Cheesecake Factory's Oreo Cheesecake, and Starbuck's Eggnog Latte to name a few.

Oreo Cheesecake aside (for now), my next choice was the Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits.
Would you believe that I've never been to Red Lobster? I'm serious.  Never ever.  But I've talked to enough people that have to know that the cheddar biscuits are "epic," and decided to use this as my opportunity to see what all the hype was about.


I get it now.  I truly get it.  
These warm flaky biscuits topped with a melted-seasoned-garlic-butter solidified what everyone else has been talking about.
You were right people, I will continue to put my foodie trust in you all.  Thank you, you never disappoint.


If these biscuits are any indication, I know that the cheesecake is going to be beyond great.  Now I must go for a run.  Run now, cheesecake later....
Words to live by.

Red Lobster's Cheddar Bay Biscuits


Ingredients:
2 cups Bisquick baking mix
1/2 cup cold water
3/4 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
1/4 cup butter
1 tsp dried parsley flakes
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp Italian seasoning

Method:
Preheat oven to 350F.  
In a bowl, mix together the Bisquick, water, and shredded cheese.  Turn the biscuits onto a floured service and roll out the dough to 1/2 inch thick.  Cut the dough with a biscuit cutter and place the biscuits on a baking sheet about 2 inches apart.  Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the tops are golden brown.
Meanwhile, melt the butter with the seasonings in a small saucepan over low heat.  Remove the lightly browned biscuits from the oven, brush the tops with the seasoned butter, and serve immediately.

Yields: 8 to 10 biscuits

Comments

Popular Posts