Roasted Rhubarb Compote & Greek Yogurt Parfait

My annual rhubarb care package arrived on Sunday thanks to my lovely, green-thumbed parents.   Every year I tell myself that the following year is the year I'll plant a garden, and every year this fails to happen, if nothing else, at least I'm consistent.  Next year is my year....


Fresh rhubarb will be making it's way into my stomach for breakfast this morning.  Oven roasted with a some sugar to make up for it's natural tart taste, layered in with thick Greek yogurt and sprinkled with granola, makes for a sweet start to this rainy Tuesday.
It also makes for a sweet end to the day (thinking ahead).... #doublerhubarbday #iloveparfaits




Roasted Rhubarb Compote & Greek Yogurt Parfait


Ingredients:
1 cup rhubarb, cut into 1/4-inch thick pieces
3 Tbsp sugar
pinch of salt
splash of vanilla
1/2 cup granola
1 1/2 cups Greek yogurt (plain or vanilla)

Method:
Preheat oven to 350F.  In small baking dish combine rhubarb with sugar and salt.  Bake for 25 minutes or until rhubarb is tender.  Remove from oven and stir in vanilla.  Allow mixture to cool completely.
To assemble parfaits:  Spoon cooled rhubarb into the bottom of two glasses, top each with 3/4 cup Greek yogurt, and sprinkle with 1/4 cup granola.  enjoy.
(feel free to put yogurt on the bottom instead - to each their own)


Comments

Popular Posts