Flavoured H2O | Strawberry-Mint

I have to admit that I don't drink nearly as much water as I should.

Water is important for a number of reasons:
  1. flushes out toxins
  2. increases energy & relieves fatigue
  3. improves skins complexion
  4. keeps you regular
  5. boosts immune system
  6. reduces the risk of cramps and sprains
A general rule for ensuring you are drinking enough water,  is to consume half your body weight in ounces.  For example a person who weighs 120lbs, needs to drink 60 ounces of water per day.  
Consider this challenge accepted.

Of course plain water is great after a workout, but to ensure that I actually follow through on this plan, I've taken to flavouring my water naturally with fruits and vegetables.  The flavour combinations are endless, but my favourite at the moment is Strawberry-Mint.  Drinking water just got a whole lot easier!



Strawberry-Mint Infused Water

Ingredients:
strawberries sliced
mint leaves
ice
water

Method:
In large pitcher combine all of the above ingredients (amounts depending on personal preference) and keep refrigerated. 
drink up!

Comments

Popular Posts