What's A Bookclub Without Wine & Macarons?





As I mentioned in my previous post, it was my turn to host bookclub this month.  My book of choice,  The Paris Wife by Paula McLain.


In trying to keep the food in line with the backdrop to the novel I went French, well because Paris obviously.  Wine, cheese, and of course the all important French macaron.  Perhaps all my future book selections will be french themed (wink, wink)

I wish I could say I made these macarons from scratch, but I can't.  Rest assured I've added them to my culinary bucket list, but in the meantime,  I'll continue to get my macaron fix from the best place in the city...

...Yann Haute Patisserie.

Located @ 329 23 Ave SW and in the cutest yellow house you can imagine, if you haven't already tried these delicious clouds of heaven, I suggest you do and soon.  No seriously, go, now.

It's safe to say I've had my macaron fix this weekend (and yes it's only Saturday morning)  Also, I couldn't be happier about it!



Flavours cycle and 12 different ones are offered in the shop at all times (unless sold out)


MACARONS PERMANENT COLLECTION:
Lemon, Irish Coffee, Jasmine, Blackcurrant & Violet, Chocolate 70%, Orange Blossom & Grand Marnier, Rose & Lychee, Passion Fruit, Pistachio, Salted Caramel, Coconut & Chocolate, PBJ, Hazelnut, Mint & Chocolate, Strawberry & Vanilla, Jasmine, Lemon, Raspberry & Chocolate, Milk chocolate & Lime and many more!

SPECIALS AND NEW ADDITIONS
New flavours are created regularly for a day, a few days or to join our collection of permanent flavours. Some of our special features have been: Lime & Basil, Banana & Avocado, Blackcurrant & apples...!




Comments

Popular Posts