Without Papers Pizza


Pizza two days in a row?  Don't mind if I do.  In fact, twist my arm.

If you know me, you know that my heart belongs to Famoso Neapolitan Pizzeria.  I frequent it once per week, and love it each and every time.  Monday was that day.

Recognizing that there are other noteworthy pizza restaurants that our city has to offer, I decided it was time to expand my horizons and try one that I've been hearing great things about, Without Papers Pizza.  Located in historic Inglewood (which side note, I've decided I want to move to) @ 1216 9th Ave SE, this place was voted Best Pizza Restaurant in Calgary in 2012 and took home 2nd place this year.  Not a bad title to hold if you ask me.




Of course, I can't try a new restaurant without bringing along one of my favourite dining partners and foodie bestie Ms. ST.  When the two of us get together you can be guaranteed of a few things.  1 or 2 shocking stories (mostly courtesy of her), full stomachs, and a plan for the next restaurant outing to check off on our culinary bucket list.

In addition to the promise of good pizza, we had a prime table by a window with views of the busy street below, and we were also treated to the movie Wall-E which they screened in black and white on the wall.  How fun is that?


Eats:


Gorgonzola | fresh mozzarella, prosciutto di parma, arugula, cherry tomatoes


Baby Doll | free-range chicken, artichokes, eggplant, cherry tomatoes, goat cheese, asiago, tomato sauce



Thoughts:

It probably goes without saying that I chose the Baby Doll.  Artichokes?  Yes, please.  Goat Cheese?  Double Yes!  Those two things alone had me sold, but it was the added flavour from the charred tomatoes that made this pizza really great.  My only criticism comes in the form of the chicken, which was dry (and a little too much), although a drizzle of olive oil may have helped.  Without Papers also claims to have the "best damn crust in the city," and I have to say that they are pretty spot on with that remark.  In fact it's the crust alone that will bring me back.  My next dining experience will be sure to include the Hawaiian 5-0 and Hutch.  Hmmm, pizza 3 days in a row?

Overall good pizza, great crust & a fun atmosphere. Tuesday Pizza Date Night Success.


Comments

Popular Posts