It's My Blogiversary Again So A Cookie Seems Appropriate...


Didn't we just celebrate the our first blogiversary?  I can't believe another 365 days have passed and we are another year deep into this relationship.  It's safe to say we're in it for the long haul.

In the anniversary world, two years is marked by the gift of cotton. How does that pertain to food blogging?  A new apron perhaps?  Or better yet, Cotton Candy.  Yes, Cotton Candy, that's what I want.  Too bad there are no outdoor festivals or fairs happening at the moment, in order to get my hot little hands on some.  Fail. 

Guess it's back to the kitchen for me...

Let's make cookies.  That seems anniversary appropriate.



Last year I  celebrated with a giant cookie, this year I'm scaling it back and making an individual cookie in a mug, in a microwave, in 40 seconds.   A perfectly sized treat to celebrate my 2 year mark.  Happy Blogiversay to me!


The only thing that would make this cookie better, is a generous scoop of vanilla ice cream.  Too bad our freezer is currently out of stock at the moment.  Looks like it's just the cookie today.  But next time.....oh next time...



Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie in a Ramekin


Ingredients:
1 Tbsp butter
1 Tbsp sugar
1 Tbsp brown sugar, packed
pinch of salt
3 drops vanilla extract
1 egg yolk
1 1/2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
2 Tbsp oats
1 Tbsp chocolate chips

Method:
Melt butter in ramekin or mug in the microwave.  Add in sugars, vanilla, and salt.  Stir to combine.
Add in yolk and stir again.  Add in flour and oats, then stir again.
Finally add in chocolate chips, mix one last time.
Cook in microwave for 40-60 seconds.
Serve warm & top with a couple more chocolate chips if desired.


yields: 1 serving
slightly adapted from No. 2 Pencil

Comments

  1. I have been visiting your recipe blog regularly. The way of recipe tips looks to be easy for all readers. I would personally recommend our blog visitors to subscribe to obtain useful posts like this periodically. Particularly post on "It's My Blogiversary Again So A Cookie Seems Appropriate.." is awesome. Get in touch with us via our websites veg restaurants at sengurichi | sweet restaurant near me

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts