Golden Oreo Cheesecake Truffles

Remember when I made Oreo Cheesecake Truffles as part of my annual Christmas cookie exchange?
Well since then, I've had numerous requests to make them again and again.  Not to mention, countless dreams myself about eating all of them (yes, each and every delectable one.)  Sigh.

Today proves the perfect chance to make yet another batch, tomorrow is Friday dinner date night @ my cousins.  I'm bringing truffles.  Executive decision made.  This time around, I'm using golden Oreos, I don't want to get stuck in a truffle rut (if there is even such a thing....)  The only problem now, is I can't decide which flavour I like better, chocolate or vanilla?  Hmmm, looks like I'll just have to make both from now on....
The second problem, not eating all of them before tomorrow night....wish me luck....

Om nom nom.  Enjoy!







Golden Oreo Cheesecake Truffles


Ingredients:
36 golden Oreo cookies
6 oz cream cheese, softened
12oz white chocolate or vanilla candy melts

sprinkles or extra cookie crumbs for decorating

Method:
Place cookies in food processor and whirl until mixture becomes fine crumbs.  Add in softened cream cheese and mix to combine.
Roll mixture in balls and place on parchment lined baking sheet.  Transfer to freezer until firm, approximately 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, melt chocolate or candy melts in microwave according to package directions.
Dip balls into melted chocolate, garnish with sprinkles or cookie crumbs.
Let set, refrigerate and enjoy.

Yields: 36-48 truffles
Store in air tight container in fridge


Comments

Popular Posts