Eggs in a Pepper


Today's lunch is brought to you by the word simple.

Simple.

Quite possibly one of the greatest words in the English language.

Simple.

In between playdates, school, and working (okay, semi-working), my days are hectic.  In order to make it through with as much energy as possible, I need nourishment, and I need it fast.  Otherwise, like those who know me can attest,  I get "hangry" (hungry + angry = hangry)
So in order to remain as friendly/non-hangry as possible, I turned to a brightly coloured red pepper, a couple eggs, and some whole wheat bread to fill the void.  Hunger/Hanger crises avoided.  Avoided and completely satisfying.









Eggs in a Pepper


Ingredients:
4 large eggs
1 Bell Pepper, cut into 4 - 1/2" rings

salt and pepper to taste

Method:
In lightly oiled non-stick pan over medium-low heat, place pepper rings in pan and cook for 1 minute.  Turn over and crack 1 egg into each of the 4 rings.   Cover and cook until whites turn opaque, and yolk is done to desired consistency.  Season to taste with salt and pepper.

Serves: 2



Comments

Popular Posts