Vanilla Yogurt & Apple Compote Parfait

You would think growing up in Canada, I'd be accustomed to cold wintery weather.  Sadly, that is not the case.  I think I dislike the cold more and more every year.  Hmmm, can you say retirement in Arizona?
The only way to beat the cold is with a warm apple compote.  Take that winter, I'll figure out a way to live with you yet.  So with the windchills in the minus 20's, I'm heating up the skillet for a yummy breakfast parfait.  An apple compote, vanilla yogurt and granola parfait to be exact.  Some days I surprise myself;  warm apples, cold yogurt, and the crunch of granola.  Ahhh, this is what dreams are made of...or at least what Wednesday mornings in January are made of.







Vanilla Yogurt & Apple Compote Parfait

Ingredients:
1 Granny Smith apple, peeled & diced
1 Tbsp brown sugar
1/8 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup water
3/4 cup vanilla yogurt
1/4 cup granola

Method:
In non-stick skillet over medium heat, cook apple, brown sugar, cinnamon and water, until softened.
Layer 1/3 of apple mixture into bottom of glass, top with yogurt, remaining apples, and granola.  Enjoy.

Serves 1


Comments

Popular Posts