Pesto & Eggs on Toast

Eggs and toast are a breakfast staple without question.  There is something about runny/drippy/eggy yolks and toasty bread that just puts an instant smile on my face.  It's by all accounts the perfect start to my morning.

I think I just found a way to take this ordinary breakfast up a notch...

P-E-S-T-O

Seriously, why didn't I think of this before?  Oh well, looks like I'm going to have to make up for lost time...

I've died and gone to breakfast heaven.  Mmmm



Pesto & Eggs on Toast

Ingredients:
1 large egg
1 Tbsp basil pesto (homemade or store-bought)
1 thick slice french bread, toasted
black pepper to taste

Method:
Preheat large non stick skillet over medium heat.  Spray with non-stick spray.
Crack egg into small ramekin first, then slowly add egg to heated pan.  Cook until whites have set and the edges begin to curl.
To assemble, spread pesto onto toasted bread and top with egg.  Season to taste with pepper.  Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts