Roasted Spaghetti Squash

Dear Las Vegas,

My pants don't fit.  My shirts are tight.  My boots look great though.
Thanks for keeping me full, "hydrated," and filling up my closet with amazing new clothes.

Love Always,
JS


Now to begin the detox. 
Pasta fake out 101.  Sub regular, delicious, carby-starchy spaghetti noodles, for spaghetti squash.  Extremely versatile, vitamin packed, and much needed after destroying bread basket after bread basket in Vegas.
All aboard the health train. Chuga, chuga...




Roasted Spaghetti Squash

Ingredients:

1 spaghetti squash
olive oil
sea salt & pepper

Method:

Preheat oven to 400F.  Line baking sheet with foil and set aside.
Cut squash in half lengthwise, remove seeds.  Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.  Place cut side down on prepared baking sheet and cook for 45-55 minutes, or until tender. 
Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes.  Using a fork, scrape out the squash to create spaghetti like strands.  Place in serving dish.  Serve with olive oil and salt & pepper or top with your favourite sauce.

Comments

  1. We love this alternative at home. I'll often chop up some peppers, onion, spinach and sauté that with a can of diced tomatoes - pour it over top of the shredded spaghetti squash in a skillet, top with a bit of parmesan and bake it. So good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed, it's a very tasty alternative. I love sauteed onions and wilted spinach those would be a great addition, and cheese, don't even get me started on my love of cheese!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts