Tagliatelle w/ Homemade Meat Sauce

My hubby loves pasta & meat sauce.  Loves it to the extreme.  I'm pretty sure if he was stranded on a desert island and could only pick one meal, this would be it (assuming of course my homemade apple pie wasn't available.)  So, because I ditched him @ breakfast to go for pancakes with a friend, I promised him I'd make it up to him.  Homemade meat sauce & tagliatelle pasta it is.
You're welcome J.

Note: I'm pretty sure if I keep my end of the bargain, I could go out for breakfast 7 days a week.




Tagliatelle w/ Homemade Meat Sauce



Ingredients:

1lb extra lean ground beef
1 red onion, diced
4 cloves garlic, minced
1-28oz can diced tomatoes, w/ juice
1-28oz can crushed tomatoes
1/4 cup tomato paste
3/4 cup red wine
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp dried basil
1 bay leaf
1 Tbsp olive oil
sea salt & pepper to taste.

Tagliatelle pasta

Parmesan cheese for serving


Method:

In dutch oven, heat olive oil over medium heat, add beef.  Cook until golden brown.  Add in garlic and onion and cook till translucent.  Add in herbs cook for 1 minute stirring constantly.  Add in tomatoes, paste, wine, salt & pepper, stir, reduce heat and simmer for 1 hour.  Remove bay leaf.
Meanwhile, bring pot of water to a boil.  Salt.  Add in pasta.  Cook according to package directions.  Drain.
Serve pasta w/ sauce.  Garnish with Parmesan cheese if desired.

Refrigerate or freeze any leftover sauce.

Comments

Popular Posts