Maple-Bacon Oatmeal

If you are anything like me and make oatmeal apart of each and every day, then by now you know the importance of changing up the 'mix-ins'  to keep life interesting.  There is no such thing as an oatmeal rut for this girl.
I've renamed today to be 'Sweet & Savoury Saturday.'  Being that I'm feeling very indecisive on the breakfast front, I picked the best sweet I know, the best savoury I know,  had the two of them mingle with some oats, and came out completely satisfied.

Happy Weekend!



Maple-Bacon Oatmeal


Ingredients:
1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1/2 cup Quaker quick cooking oats
1 Tbsp pure maple syrup
1/2 - 1 Tbsp cooked bacon, crumbled


Method:
In saucepan, heat almond milk until it reaches a boil.  Add in oats.  Reduce heat and cook stirring constantly for 5-7 minutes, or until thickened.  Remove from heat.  Stir in maple syrup and bacon.  Pour into a bowl.  Enjoy!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts