Blueberry Almond Scones

Has anyone else noticed how delicious blueberries are looking lately.  I must admit I've been stocking up on the fresh ones like a hoarder needs more paper plates.  I've completely ignored the frozen section for the past couple weeks instead opting for fresh.
So with a fridge full of these little blue guys I decided some of these lucky buggers were going to become a complement to some flaky scones.

Delicious!




Blueberry Almond Scones

Ingredients:
2 cups all-purpose flour
4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/3 cup sugar
6 Tbsp butter
3/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup fresh blueberries
1/4 cup sliced almonds

sugar & milk for glaze

Method:
Preheat oven to 375.  Line baking sheets with silpat mat or parchment paper.  Set asde.
In large mixing bowl combine flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.  Cut in butter.
In separate bowl combine milk and egg.  Add to dry ingredients.  Stir to combine.  Fold in blueberries and almonds.
Turn out onto lightly floured surface and knead 5-10 times.
Pat out to form a circle 1 1/4-inch thick, cut into 8 equal segments.
Transfer to prepared baking sheets.  Brush tops with sugar-milk mixture and bake for 15 minutes or until golden in colour.
Serve and devour while warm.  Mmmm...

Yields: 8
Adapted from my Dark Chocolate Orange Scones

Comments

  1. Those sound delicious! I'm not sure why I don't make scones more often...I really should :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts