Healthy Spinach Dip

You can pretty much guarantee, where there's a party, there is spinach dip present.  Your chances are even better if I'm at your party.  Spinach dip and I are inseparable.   Consider us party staples.  And why not?  We are both fresh, tangy, and served with bread (hmm, okay maybe the last point is purely about the dip...)


I wish I could say, that this dip and I are headed to a fabulous party, perhaps one studded with Hollywood celebrities.  We are not.  Instead, we are on route to my husband's work, where I promised the office a healthy afternoon snack.   Perhaps one of them will throw a party (in my honour)...hint, hint...or thank me with a fabulous pair of shoes.  Just throwing some ideas out there...I'm a 7.5 by the way.
Enjoy!

Spinach Dip


Ingredients:
1 - 10oz pkg frozen spinach, thawed, water squeezed out, chopped
1 1/2 cups plain Greek yogurt
1/4 cup fat free miracle whip
1 clove garlic, minced
3 Tbsp green onion, finely chopped
1/2 tsp lemon zest
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
pepper to taste

pita bread for serving


Method:
Combine all ingredients above in bowl.  Mix well.  Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
Serve with pita bread.

Comments

Popular Posts