Breakfast Couscous


Today I'm granting oatmeal the day off.  I wonder what he'll do with himself?

Normally if I'm not eating oatmeal, I'm having pancakes.  However since I'm about to embark on 16 days of free pancake breakfasts (oh I love July) courtesy of the Stampede, my jeans and I think it's best if we hold off on the pancakes (for now.)
Instead, I'm having couscous.  Pretty much oatmeal, but not oatmeal.  I guess I'm sort of cheating...
Happy Morning!



Breakfast Couscous w/ Grapes & Pecans

Ingredients:
1/2 cup whole wheat couscous
3/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1/4 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp brown sugar
1/3 cup grapes, halved
1 Tbsp pecans,  chopped

Method:
In saucepan heat almond milk till it reaches a boil.  Add in couscous, sugar and cinnamon, stir.  Cover and remove from heat.  Allow to stand for 5 minutes.  Fluff with fork.
Top with grapes and pecans.  Add additional almond milk if desired.

Comments

Popular Posts