Waldorf Potato Salad

With me in the kitchen you are guaranteed two things:

1. A Mess
2. A Bigger Mess

What can I say.  Without fail, everytime I cook/bake/prepare something, the kitchen ends up looking as though a fighter jet flew through it.  It doesn't matter if it's a PB&J sandwich, or a seven course meal.  The results are the same.  Disaster.  I really need to work on this, but I figure I need to have at least one fault, right?
(Disclaimer:  My husband wants me to know that being messy isn't my only fault, there are many more that I'm overlooking.  Of course I disagree)

Despite the impending mess, I love being in the kitchen.  I equate it to the excitement a school girl has towards her first crush, or me towards Justin Bieber (don't judge).  I love the endless possibilities of meals, trying out ingredients that are foreign to me, and most of all sharing food with the people that matter most in my life.
This past weekend was Mother's Day, and like any good daughter I left the menu request up to my mom. Without hesitation she said "Potato Salad!" (see where I get my love of carbs from...)  Done.  With a twist of course. Introducing...Waldorf Potato Salad.  Grapes, apples and walnuts make this classic side dish a little sweeter.






Waldorf Potato Salad



Ingredients:
3 lbs baby red & yellow potatoes, cooked, cooled and halved
2 Gala apples, chopped
2 cups red grapes, halved
1 cup celery, chopped
2/3 cup walnuts, chopped
1 1/4 cups plain yogurt
1/2 cup mayo
2 tsp sugar
1 1/2 tsp dried parsley
pepper


Method:
In large serving bowl combine the first five ingredients.  Set aside.
In small bowl mix yogurt, mayo, sugar, parsley, and pepper.  Toss with the potato mixture using as much or as little as desired.

Serves: 6-8

Comments

Popular Posts