Teriyaki Salmon Steaks w/ Mango-Pinepple Salsa

Summer grilling on a Saturday night.  I can't be alone in thinking this is a fabulous way to spend the weekend.  Throw in the fact we are having fresh salmon, juicy pineapples and mangoes, oh and a glass of vino.  This is my perfect family night.  Healthy, delicious and spring/summer appropriate.

A fresh fruit salsa is one of my favourite accompaniments to grilled fish and chicken.  It is also the one thing that I always have to double because I'm constantly eating the cut up fruit as I go.  (For quality control purposes of course)  It goes something like this..."one mango for me, one mango for the bowl, one pineapple for me, one pineapple for the bowl"  Luckily I didn't eat all of it, so now our teriyaki grilled salmon steaks have the perfect finishing touch.

Happy Saturday Night!



Teriyaki Salmon Steaks w/ Mango-Pineapple Salsa

Ingredients:
4 - (6-8oz) salmon steaks
1 cup teriyaki sauce, divided (homemade or store bought)

Mango-Pineapple Salsa
1 cup fresh mango, diced
1 cup pineapple, diced
2 Tbsp red onion, minced
1 green onion, finely chopped
1/2 lime juiced


Method:
In large resealable bag place salmon steaks and 1/2 cup of teriyaki sauce.  Seal and refrigerate for 3 hours to marinate, turning occasionally.
To Make Salsa:  Combine all of the ingredients above and stir until well mixed.  Allow to sit for 1 hour to let flavours combine.
Preheat BBQ to  high heat and lightly oil the grate.  Secure the thin ends of the salmon steaks with cocktail sticks.
Place fish on grill and grill for 5-7 minutes per side depending on thickness.  Baste occasionally with remaining marinade. Transfer to individual plates and top with 1/2 cup salsa.   Serve.
Enjoy.

Serves 4

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts