Spicy Spuds


Sweet potatoes were on the dinner menu tonight.  And to tell you the truth, I was looking forward to this all day.  I woke up this morning knowing full well that today was a sweet potato kind of day.  Shouldn't everyday be so lucky? 
I've already shared my roasted cinnamon and sugar sweet potatoes, but tonight, I'm going spicy.
Nothing wrong with a little Cajun spice to heat things up.  These are healthy, delicious, and just what the start to my weekend needed. 



Cajun Roasted Sweet Potatoes


Ingredients:
2 large sweet potatoes or yams
2 Tbsp oil
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp paprika
sea salt and pepper to taste

ranch dressing for serving

Method:
Preheat oven to 400F
Scrub sweet potatoes, cut lengthwise into 8 wedges each.
In large bowl, mix together oil, cayenne pepper and paprika.  Transfer wedges to bowl, tossing to coat.
Transfer potatoes to large baking sheet and sprinkle with salt and pepper.  Roast for 30-35 minutes until tender, turning once halfway.

Serve hot and w/ a side of ranch dressing if desired.
Yields: 4 servings

Comments

Popular Posts