A Breakfast Date

J + Me + Sunday Morning + Diner YYC = Awesome Breakfast Date!

It's rare that J and I get out for a breakfast just the two of us, unacceptable I know.  Today was an exception.  After spending the better part of last night (and the wee hours of the morning) celebrating our friends J & B getting married, our kids were spending the night with the grandparents.  J & I took advantage of this 'alone time,' got up early (working on about 4 hours of sleep), and went to scope out some breakfast spots of interest.



We quickly decided on the Dairy Lane Cafe, located @ 319 19th Street NW. This cute little restaurant fills up quickly, and with good reason too. I had a hard time deciding what to try because everything sounded great. From stuffed french toast, to tostadas, to eggs benedict.  Decisions, decisions.  Here is what we settled on.  1 sweet & 1 savoury.  The best of both breakfast worlds combined.



Stuffed French Toast w/ Cinnamon Cream Cheese & Field Berry Compote

One Word.  Fantastic.  Future recipe blog post in the works...
This dish is genius, why I've never thought of stuffing french toast with cream cheese before is beyond me.  My future self thanks you Dairy Lane for showing me the light.



Avocado & Roasted Red Pepper Eggs Benedict

This dish was AMAZING.  The creaminess from the avocado and the soft cooked egg were perfect together.  Perfect.  I would order this meal time and time again. 


Happy Sunday Funday!  Enjoy the rest of the weekend friends.
I really want to go back for 'round 2.'  Don't judge!  Until next time Dairy Lane....you'll be in my dreams.

Comments

Popular Posts