Birthday Cake Cookies


Super Powers.
Turning 4.
And Cookie Awesomeness.

If you could have any super power in the world what would you choose?  Me?  I'd demand to have more than one super power (I'm like that.)  Here are my top 3. 
  1. Teleportation.  I'd love to transport myself at whim to anywhere in the world and any period of time in the world.  A dinner in Paris, snorkeling in Hawaii...
  2. Flying.  Self explanatory.  Who doesn't want to fly?
  3. Freeze Time. 
Let me elaborate on the last one.  Remember in high school, how time couldn't go by fast enough.  Well clearly this is no longer a problem.  Case in point.  My little man is turning 4 this week.  Seriously 4?  Rewind.  I'm pretty sure I can still feel the labour pains with L.  So how is that 4 years have come to pass.  I want it to slow down.  Correction.  I need it to slow down.  I don't want him to get any bigger, let's stay at this age for just a little while longer.  Or maybe forever?  Let me give you an example of a typical conversation with a 3 year old and you'll see what I mean.

Me:  'L, what do you want to do when you grow up?'   (My thoughts...race car driver, pilot, fireman)
L: 'I want to chew gum'
Me:  'Really?'
L: 'Yep, and live here with you and Daddy.'
Me: 'Oh, can't you stay 3 a little longer....please'

To ease all of us into this birthday (okay maybe just me.)  I made cookies.  Cookies help anything.  Better yet is a cookie crossed with cake.  Yep.  Sugar induced coma should commence in 3,2,1....

Happy Birthday L!  I love you more than words can do justice.  xoxo.  Mom.




Birthday Cake Cookies

Ingredients:
Cookie Recipe
1 pkg confetti cake mix**
2 eggs
1/2 cup oil

vanilla buttercream filling
1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
3 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
splash of milk

Method:
Preheat oven to 350F.  Line cookie sheet with silpat mat or parchment paper.  Set aside.
In large bowl, combine oil, eggs and cake mix, blend together using a wooden spoon.
Roll dough into quarter sized balls onto prepared cookie sheets.  Flatten a little.
Bake for 7-8 minutes.  Remove from oven and allow to cool for 3 minutes, before transferring to wire rack
Meanwhile to prepare filling.  Cream butter.  Add in vanilla extract, and confectioners' sugar slowly.  Add in a splash of milk, until you reach your desired consistency.
To assemble:  Add approximately 1 tablespoon of filling in the bottom center of one cookie.  Place another cookie similar in size on top of the filling.  Lightly press, to work the filling evenly to the outsides of the cookie.  Continue process until all cookies have been sandwiched.

**I used Duncan Hines Confetti Cups Mix

Yields: approximately 20 sandwiched cookies
Recipe inspired by homemade oreos from mommy's kitchen

Comments

Popular Posts