PB & J Oatmeal


Oatmeal is the one breakfast I count on to keep me full for hours.  Whenever possible, I like incorporate a source of protein for even more staying power.  Usually it's in the form of almonds or pecans.  Or if I'm going the savoury route, then I opt for eggs and cheese.  
Today I took inspiration from a favourite childhood sandwich, PB & J.  Is there anyone out there that doesn't love the flavour combination of salty and sweet?  If so, we can't be friends.  No seriously, we can't.  I often joke that J, is the jelly to my peanut butter.  He's the sweet one, and I'm a little bit salty.  But, together we make for a killer pair.  Just like this oatmeal.  Mmm, nothing better than a good bowl of hearty oats in the AM. 
Good Morning Indeed!



PB & J Oatmeal

Ingredients:
1/2 cup quick oats
1 cup unsweetened almond milk, plus more for serving
1/4 tsp vanilla
1 Tbsp peanut butter
1 Tbsp strawberry jam

Method:
In saucepan, heat almond milk till it reaches a boil. Add oats. Reduce heat and cook stirring occasionally for 6-8 minutes. Stir in vanilla.
Remove from heat, pour into bowl. Top with peanut butter and jam. Add additional milk if desired. ENJOY!


My favourite part (aside from eating of course,)....is watching the peanut butter slowly melt into the hot oats.  Ahhhh.

Comments

Popular Posts