Gingerbread Granola


As we get closer and closer to Christmas I figured it was time for another holiday/seasonal recipe.  Gingerbread Granola.   Who says gingerbread should be limited to cookies and houses?  
Now that I've successfully replenished my granola jar, and tamed my growling stomach. I can muster up the energy to finish getting ready for Christmas.  I need to wrap presents (after I buy them), stock up on groceries, and catch up on all the holiday programs that are currently overtaking my PVR.   Well maybe I'll get to that, after a 2nd helping of this crunchy mixture.  All in due time.  I still have over a week.  No rush, right?


Gingerbread Granola

Ingredients:
2 1/2 cups rolled oats
1 cup pecans, chopped
1/2 cup flax meal
1/2 cup sweetened coconut
1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ginger
1/8 tsp cloves
3 Tbsp molasses
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/2 Tbsp vanilla

Method:
Preheat oven to 250F.  Set aside two cookie sheets.
In large bowl combine first 8 ingredients.  Mix well.
In small bowl mix molasses, applesauce and vanilla.  Pour over oat mixture.  Tossing to coat.  Spread mixture evenly onto prepared baking sheets.
Bake for 40-50 minutes.  Tossing every 10-15 minutes
Remove from oven and allow mixture to cool.
Store in air-tight container.

Comments

Popular Posts