Pesto Please.


Pesto has the ability to make anything taste good.  I equate it, to how Ryan Gosling can make a paper bag look good.  Seriously, I'm certain if you slathered a layer of this (pesto, not Ryan Gosling) on a piece of rubber, I'd eat it.  As with most things, I tend to go on a 'kick' where I can't get enough of a particular thing.  Pesto is in the current rotation.  Other things in rotation?  Mini marshmallows, eggnog and sweet potatoes.  Hmmm, can I combine these four things and make something delicious??  Leave it with me.
On Saturday, I made my favourite pasta dish.  Gnocchi w/ Pesto, Shrimp and Green Beans.  Can you say delicious?  Seriously, what a Saturday.  Throw in some crusty bread and a glass of wine.  Happy Camper!  I didn't want to have gnocchi again (wait.  Correction.  I wanted to, but twice in 3 days may have been a little much.) Instead, I opted to bake some halibut fillets, coated in a nice layer of basily, nutty, parmesany, goodness.  Whoop, whoop.  Cheers to pesto!


Pesto Halibut


Ingredients:
4 (4-6oz) halibut fillets
2 cups packed fresh basil
1/2 cup olive oil

3 cloves of garlic, minced
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/3 cup of pine nuts
salt & pepper to taste


Method:
Preheat oven to 450F
Place all ingredients except olive oil and halibut in food processor. Pulse a few times. Slowly stream in olive oil while appliance is running. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Season fillets with salt and pepper.  Transfer fillets to greased baking pan and bake for 12-15 minutes, or until fish flakes easily with a fork.  Top with pesto sauce (approximately 1 - 1 1/2 Tbsp)

Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts