Chickpea Blondies

Last week I brought black bean brownies to a family BBQ.  They were a hit!  Absolutely delicious and devoured by all.   Only a few tiny crumbs made it out alive.  Those sweet, moist, fudgy brownies didn't stand a chance against this family.   


The following is my process of thought regarding chickpea blondies.  Forgive the jumbled mess of words strung together.  You will soon see how scatter-brained I truly am.  Consider yourself warned.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Me, lying in bed trying to sleep.  Can't.  Mmm brownies.  I want another one.  Shoot.  None left.  Go to bed, go to bed.  I know, I'll make another batch tomorrow.  Wait, what would that blog post look like?  No one wants to know that you made the same recipe again the next day.  Seriously, go - to - bed!!  Zzzzzz. (5 minutes later...)I know, I'll make blondies!!!  The sister to the brownie.  I can use white beans, no wait, I can use garbanzo beans.  If black beans were good, then garbanzo beans (aka chickpeas) are bound to be out of this world.  Remember last week, when you opened up the lonely can in the pantry and started eating those peas cold.  Yep, chickpeas are going to work!  Just the thought of them mingling in the same pan with brown sugar and baking till golden...ahhh.  Hooray, for blondies!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wow, exhausting much?  Are you as tired as me, after reading that?  I'm sure my english teachers would be shaking their heads in dissappointment with my run-on sentences, use of punctuation, etc, etc.  Oh well, let's just hope these blondies produce an uninterupted sleep tonight.


Chickpea Blondies

Ingredients:
1 19oz can chickpeas (no salt added), drained and rinsed
1 extra large egg
1/3 cup applesauce
2 tsp vanilla
1 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup ground flax
1 Tbsp almond butter
pinch of salt
1/2 cup chocolate chips (or mixture of chocolate chips and butterscotch chips)

Method:
Preheat oven to 350F.  Spray 8-inch x 8-inch pan with nonstick cooking spray.  Set aside
Place all ingredients in food processor, except for the chocolate and butterscotch chips, and blend till very smooth.  Stir in 'chips' and transfer to prepared pan.  Sprinkle top with a few more butterscotch and chocolate chips (for good measure.)
Bake for 40-45 minutes.  Allow to cool completely before cutting into squares. 















adapted from my black bean brownies

Comments

Popular Posts