Oat Bran Pancakes {Brancakes}

 Happy Sunday!


Today is our 2nd annual family photo day!  This is the day where we enlist the (free)services of my fabulous sister, to take some shots of our little crew.  With one lucky photo making it to the all important Christmas card.  I know it's only September, but I like to be prepared, I'm like that.  Also, I'm not a fan of mixing colder temperatures with outdoor photo shoots, so September suits me just fine.  Because today is going to be a fun and busy one.  Filled with what I hope are (fingers crossed) lots of good photos, I wanted to start the day off with pancakes.  I figured I'd bribe the kids with pancakes and syrup in the hopes that they will want to smile for 100+  200+ photos.  All so that we can have maybe 3 contenders for the Christmas card.  Capturing good photos seems to be a challenge with two toddlers.  Someone is always distracted, crossing their arms in frustration, or simply has their eyes closed (the last one being my husband.) 

Question of the day:  Do pancakes yield good family photos?  Wait for your Christmas card and then be the judge.


Oat Bran Pancakes

Ingredients:
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup oat bran
3 Tbsp sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp salt
1 egg
1 cup milk
1/2 tsp vanilla
maple syrup for serving

Method: 
In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, bran, sugar, baking powder and salt.
In separate bowl, whisk together milk, egg and vanilla.  Add to dry ingredients until just moistened.
Spoon batter in 1/4 cup portions onto lightly oiled griddle or pan.  Cook for 2-3 minutes until bubbles begin to break through.  Flip and cook an additional minute, or until nicely browned.  Repeat with remaining batter.
Serve warm with maple syrup.  Enjoy!
Yields: 8 pancakes

Comments

Popular Posts