Almond Butter Granola

Time to replenish the granola jar.  This poor jar has been sitting empty for some time now.  Longing to be filled.  I, like this empty jar, need these sweet, crunchy, clusters in my life.  They make me happy!  Granola not only, makes everything taste better, it is also a wonderful way to give added texture to a bowl of oatmeal or yogurt (heck, I love it so much I put it in pancakes too.)  I decided to make use of my own homemade almond butter for this granola go-round.  How can you go wrong?  Short answer...you can't.
All is right in the kitchen again, balance has been restored.  Granola is stocked, and I'm a happy camper! 

Who says Thursdays aren't fun.  Got Granola?

 

Almond Butter Granola

Ingredients:
2 1/2 cups oats
1/2 cup pecans, chopped
1/2 cup almonds, chopped
1/2 cup ground flax
2 Tbsp brown sugar
1 Tbsp vanilla
1/4 cup, plus 2 Tbsp maple syrup

Method:
Preheat oven to 250F.  Set aside two cookie sheets.
In large bowl combine first 5 ingredients.  Mix well.
In small bowl, mix almond butter**, vanilla and maple syrup.  Pour over oat mixture.  Tossing to coat.  Spread mixture evenly onto prepared baking sheets.
Bake for 30-40 minutes, till golden brown in color.  Tossing every 10-15 minutes.
Remove from oven, and allow mixture to cool. 
Store in air-tight container.

**you may want to microwave almond butter for a little to make it easier to work with

Comments

Popular Posts