2 Kinds of Pancakes, 1 Sunday

Good Morning!
Today was a little different from our regular Sunday morning routine.  I went out for breakfast!  The last few months, it's been pancake Sunday @ our house, but not today (well for me at least, but we'll get to that.)  Today someone else made me pancakes as my friend M & I ventured out for a breakfast date.  I had the pancakes, I always have the pancakes.  Blueberry pancakes to be specific.  No big surprise there.  Coffee, pancakes and a good catch up session.  Hooray for weekends!

Being I was ditching the family this morning for some quality time with M.  I was still 'required' to make pancakes @ home.  Just because I was getting my pancakes elsewhere, doesn't mean I get to forget about my weekly pancake commitment.  Plus, my little guy is just so cute when he asks "what kind of pancakes are you blogging about today mom?"  Did I mention he is 3 going on 67.  To answer his question, apple cinnamon.  I made a homemade apple pie last night for a dinner party, and what better way to use apples if not in a pie, then to put them in a pancake.  Pies & Pancakes in less than 12 hours.  Mom of the Year!  That's how I'd like to be referred from here out. 

Happy Sunday & thanks for the breakfast date M.  Loved it!



Apple Cinnamon Buttermilk Pancakes


Ingredients:
1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
3 Tbsp sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
2 eggs, beaten
3/4 cup buttermilk
1/4 cup apple juice
1 1/2 cup apple, peeled & grated (squeezed dry)
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon

maple syrup for serving

Method:
In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder,salt and cinnamon.
In separate bowl, whisk together milk, apple juice and eggs.  Add in grated apple.  Stir.  Add to dry ingredients until just moistened.
Spoon batter in 1/3 cup portions onto lightly oiled griddle or pan (spread batter out a little).  Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until bubbles form on top and underside is golden.  Flip and cook for 1-2 minutes.
Keep pancakes warm in oven while repeating with remaining batter.
Serve warm with maple syrup.
Yields: 8 pancakes


Comments

Popular Posts