Birthday Cake...errr...Birthday Pancakes


It's my birthday week!  Yes, I do mean week.  I make sure to make it as lengthy as possible and soak every last ounce of 'birthday' I can out of it!

Since I'm gaining a year, I figure the least I can do is celebrate many, many times over.
You may be curious as to what my favourite kind of cake is....chocolate? vanilla? carrot? cheese?  While all of those are delicious choices and I would turn none of them down (feel free to stop by with some...) my favourite cake is....A PANCAKE! 
Okay, now before you tell me that this isn't a cake you haven't seen the concoction I've got set up below.
Birthday pancakes!! Complete with sprinkles and a cream cheese glaze.  Do I have you convinced?  It's less like breakfast and more like dessert, but who am I kidding I'd still eat this for breakfast.  I love birthdays!!  Presents & Cake.  Plus, people always want to make a fuss over you...go ahead I'll wait... 
Happy Birthday-Week to me!
 
(on a side note:  I've come to the conclusion that I might need to change the name of this blog to 'pancake life in yyc' as the number of waffle/pancake recipes seems to be slowly taking over...)


Birthday Pancakes w/ Cream Cheese Glaze

Ingredients:

Cakes:
1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
3 Tbsp sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
2 large eggs, separated
1 cup milk
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 Tbsp sprinkles

Glaze:
1 cup confectioners' sugar
3 Tbsp softened cream cheese
2 Tbsp milk
1/4 tsp vanilla
Sprinkles (to make it pretty!)

Method: 
In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
In separate bowl, whisk together milk, egg yolks and vanilla.  Add to dry ingredients until just moistened.
Beat egg whites in another bowl until stiff peaks form.  Fold into the batter until well incorporated.  Add sprinkles.
Spoon batter in 1/3 cup portions onto lightly oiled griddle or pan.  Brown evenly on each side.
To make glaze:  Whisk all the ingredients together.
Pour over top of pancake stack and garnish with sprinkles. 
Om nom nom!


Comments

Popular Posts